Dear St. Luke's Family,
As we are going through this time of transition I think it's important to keep everyone abreast of the Vestry actions in regards to replacing Reverend Amy. At our last Vestry meeting on June 21 we were fortunate to have Brian Nordwick in attendance. Many of you know Brian but in case you do not, Brian directs the administration and manages the business affairs and finances of the diocese. During this transition time he will be acting as our Diocesan Transition Minister. He answered many of our questions about the process and assured us that he, and the diocese, will be with us every step of the way. Below are some of the highlights of the discussion.
1. Obtain a supply clergy to lead Sunday services and to administer pastoral care to the congregation from August to the end of October
a. Karen Swanson has been approached to serve as supply clergy
b. She is experienced with working with churches in transition
2. Decide if we should have an interim priest or a priest in charge after the supply clergy has completed commitment
3. Vestry will put together a search committee which will meet with Brian for guidance and put together, with input from entire congregation, a profile of the church and what we are looking for
4. Brian will post position
5. The search committee will review applicants, conduct interviews and make recommendations to the Vestry and Brian
6. Vestry will invite finalists to onsite visit and to meet with Bishop Mary
7. Vestry discerns who to call
Please be patient and realize that this is a lengthy process. Trust that God has already chosen someone for us and the vestry will find that person, it just make take a little time. During our meeting we also discussed a bible verse that you may find particularly appropriate.
1 Peter 1:6-7
"So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead even though the going is rough for a while down here. These trials are only to test your faith to see whether or not it is strong and pure"
Have a Wonderful Day
Dee Sigismond, Senior Warden